Friday, 24 February 2012
The 7th Invest in ME International ME/CFS Conference
Building a Future for Research into ME
Clinical and Research Updates in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Conference Description –
This will be the seventh annual Invest in ME biomedical conference on myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME/CFS) and will be fully CPD-accredited.
The conference will be held on 1st June 2012 in Westminster, London and builds on the successful biomedical research conferences organised by Invest in ME in previous years.
Invest in ME aim to raise awareness of the neurological illness myalgic encephalomyelitis – an illness which is 5 times more common in the UK than HIV/AIDS – yet which has had comparatively little funding spent on biomedical research.
The Invest in ME International ME/CFS Conference 2012 brings together leading clinicians and researchers in the fields of general medicine, diagnostics, immunology, Central Nervous System (CNS) Inflammation and clinical trials to discuss the central issues and current challenges involved in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis.
One of the most important aspects at previous IiME conferences has been the creation or resumption of the unique networking opportunities available with some of the most renowned experts on ME/CFS and related fields in the world.
How can we ensure ME research and patient care benefit from the latest thinking in ME/CFS and related areas of research?
What is the best way forward?
Join our programme of outstanding speakers for insight into these issues and more at the 7th IiME Conference.
Benefits of attending -
- Increase your understanding of diagnosis, treatment and management of ME/CFS
- Explore current and future biomedical research into ME/CFS
- Assess the role of immunological markers in ME/CFS
- Learn about ongoing clinical trials using Rituximab to treat ME/CFS patients
- Learn about inflammation in the CNS and its contribution to Neurological Disease
- Learn about the function of the immune response in the gut
- Share and exchange ideas with the leading practitioners in the field